Saturday, October 25, 2008

Welcome to my Blog

What a strange word, blog. But here I go! Welcome! I intend to share with all who pass my way the wonderment of Quilting. There are all sorts of ways we can express ourselves. In wandering the Internet I've encountered 'Fiber Artists', Artists that work in varied mediums which seem out of the ordinary, Stained Glass Artists...all sorts of fun people are having, I find it phenomenal!! I learned to sew at the age of 10 and have dabbled in it on and off over the course of the last 40 something years... I love to Crochet and have made many a baby blanket as gifts to young parents to keep their little bundles of joy warm and cozy. I make string bags for carrying groceries so you can leave the plastic for someone else, and dishcloths made of 100% cotton. I am currently making a rug of circles, later I'll drop some links so I can share other creations with you if you should wish to look. After much research I have decided that quilting would suite me at this time of my life... I must say, I am in awe of the quilts some of you gals have created. Your imagination blows me away!! With that said, you are invited to come with me on my journey, feel free to share your thoughts and ideas with me but Please, be gentle!

No comments: